Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Special Butterflys and Bees

One thing that has been something really special to my family is that after my Grandpa and uncle died two butterfly's were always around us for special occasions with our family. beach trips,Cookouts and Holidays they were always there. A yellow one and a white one. we have always said that's my grandpa and my uncle there to remind us that they are always going to be there with us throughout the rest of our life. A couple of years ago when Ravon Burroughs (Anita Burroughs-Mabe)s dad died unexpectedly, a HUGE white great Pyrenees started following Anita around through out walnut cove,It sat in the same spot as her dad at the local barber shop and even followed her car when she drove through. Automatically Anita remembered what we had said and then decided that it was her dad telling her that he was there,and always would be.she preceded to take it home and take care of it till its owner came back and got it a couple of weeks later. i can remember her saying that it acted just like her dad, and laughed at it alot. Late Sunday night as my mom sat in a hospital room with so many of Anita friends as she laid there sleeping my mom gently went up to her and whispered in her ear,when you come back i want you to be a bumble bee.Your a fighter and a worker,the "Queen" bee. My mom,Me,Calli and Anita were supposed to take a special trip up on the Sauratown Mountain sometime when Anita got out of the hospital but she never did.Today my mom and Calli decided to go up on top just to look at the beautiful mountain tops and amazing scenery. As my mom and Calli stepped onto the top a bumble bee went buzzing pass my moms face and buzzed all around Calli, Immediately Calli started swatting at it like most people would do, as my mom screamed STOP STOP its your Mom!! Calli stop immediately and looked at my mom and said WHAT?? HA HA. My mom began to tell her the story that she and Anita had a long time ago, For the remainder of the trip the bumble bee buzzed around Calli while she stood on top of the mountain. I have NO doubt in my Mind that it was Anita showing her love to her AMAZING daughter. I think that this was exactly what Calli needed to let her know that her mom will always be there no matter what. I thought i would share such a special story to everyone that loved anita!Love always,Laura

1 comment: