Monday, June 7, 2010

The Beginning




So after reading Brooke and Jamie's blogs I have decided to start my own.I love Brooke's it usually has stuff to do with things that are funny or what her crazy weekend plans are,Jamie's is about real life issues that should be brought to peoples attention or just about the life of Jamie and Patrick. Mine however will be about both ha ha.As most of you know my family is VERY close,and we always have been. So when one thing happens to a family member it happens to us all.

My grandma has just been recently diagnosed with Lung cancer for the second time. To her life goes on,its just something that happens and we will deal with it as it goes on.But to the rest of us its not that simple. Cancer to me is a ugly and scary word that has been taking my family members every couple of years. I know its not just me, but so many people around me are dealing with the same issues. knowing that something that seems so small can take something so precious away from us is the worst feeling in the world. so that being said i would like to dedicate this blog to my amazing grandma and talk about her a little bit.

Starting out with my name, Laura. My grandmas name is Laura Inez Brown,so the day I was born I had a special piece of her that I will never lose. As I got older I realized what a amazing woman she was with four kids,seven grandchildren and a husband who worked as contractor,she always catered to everyone Else's needs before hers. She has had so many different things happen to her but somehow she is still as strong as she has ever been.

Most people that know my grandma love her. But most of them know her by her amazing apple pies and biscuits or her crazy but most of the time true poems that she writes. She will tell you home remedies and take the fire out when you get burned.She will also hem pants,sew dresses,and make you beautiful jewelry if you ask,pretty much she is the Jill of all trades. my grandma will be 82 on June 17Th her birthday and is still as "high on life" as she says.

Tomorrow will be either the most exciting day or one of the worst days of our entire life as my grandma goes to Duke medical hospital to get the status of her Cancer. i know she has many many people praying for her but tonight i ask that everyone reading this give a VERY VERY special prayer to the most amazing woman in my family.

Cant wait to post about more of my Crazy but Wonderful life!!
Love always,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. I love Inez! she is the best! and so are you. love you tons! see you soon! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete